To Bite or Not to Bite, a Rough Guide to Food Types for Vampires and Humans

To bite or not to bite, a rough guide to food types for Vampires and Humans.

Much of the Following can be found in the Notes
But I am sending out this note of clarification  because there seems to be some confusion on the streets.
Pass it around please. Especially to anyone who seems to be breaking these rules.

Special Note:
The justice system will most likely be the last system to get up and running correctly.
In order for it to work the Coevn leaders must establish Rule in the city.
As they are at the present time still forming their Covens please do not expect too much of them
We apologise if in the first week or so crimes go unpunished etc we will get it functioning ASAP
You can still report crimes however and what can be done will be done.

basics

All humans agree to be food for vampires.
They can make it hard for the Vampire, but in no way can refuse to be bitten.
If you really have a thing about Vampires and want to wipe them from the face of the earth, Join the Vordensian Sabat as a Vampire.
Whatever you do, don’t argue the toss with me about why humans should be allowed to kill Vampires.
I don’t need it.

All humans can choose Prey or Neutral mode
All Modes require role play
There is no “forced Capture” you are always in control.
Prey does not in any way mean you have to go along with sexual game play.
However if this is the case, then why not consider a safer path through life here and Join the Borghesia

Prey: means you are pretty much up for being chased captured and enslaved in the usual Capture role play fashion, you like the idea of being hunted by Vampires and the RP of  being captured and bitten in the streets and alleys of Venexia.
Neutral: means you may still be open to capture but you are far more likely to demand lengthy RP and storylines to go along with the possible capture, but you still agree to the bite if RP evolves that way.
Neutral does not mean:  I can be a human who can avoid Vampires and play my own human game as the local store owner oblivious the world around me .
This is a Vampire sim full of hungry Vampires.

There are tow basic groups of humans
Paesani
Borghesia
As explained in the notes, this division was originally born of  wealth. But in recent times wealth has become more meaningless in the human world. Therefore, it does not necessarily follow that you must be from an aristocratic family to be in this group. You can be Borghesea but from a poorer background.
However, the Aristocracy still tend to claim this Group as their own, and therefore the old aristocracy before the fall of human rule still frequent it more than lower classes.

The Menu

Paesani :
Have chosen not to enter the Court Blood system therefore the Vampires do not accord to them the same rights as they do to the Borghesia.
Paesani can be approached on the street by Vampires who wish to feed
Should they decide to run, they can be chased and captured etc according to the above rules.
Paesani Can be taken captive by Vampires
Paesani Cannot call upon Court law to protect them from, or prosecute those Vampires who attack them. Obviously al though beyond the RP laws of the Court, does not mean beyond the rules of play of the sim.
Paesani have chosen freedom from the Court but there is a price to pay and they must be prepaired to pay it.

Borghese :
Have chosen to tow the line so to speak.
They see no real advantage in the small gain of a false kind of freedom.
They know the bite will come at regular intervals anyway, so why not have some control over when.
All Borghesia will at some point appear on the Rental board in the entrance to the Guild Hall.
If a Vampire chooses to rent them from this board they will automatically be owned by this Vampire Player.
The Borhesia player should then go to this Vam[ire player and the Vampire may feed from them.
The Vampire should after feeding release the rented player.
Failure to release after feeding can result in fines.
Failure to report to the player renting can also result in fines or worse.
Vampires Be reasonable, if you rent you may IM the rented player but you cannot TP them to you. You must go find them or tell them to find you.
Understand that you cannot say” I am busy in RP I cannot come yet” This IS RP, the fact that being rented spoils your RP conversation is part of the conversation, you say
“Oh damn, I have been rented by the Court I have to leave”
And all those present will understand and feel sad for you, for it reminds them of their own chains, each time it happens.
Borghesia may of course choose to lengthen the time spent with the Rentee, and embellish the play in any manner they wish.
But NO sexual play is inherently implied in the renting process, all is optional.
Borghesia have the right to Complain to a Coven leader if one of their Coven members attacks them or attempts to feed from them.
If they get no justice here they may complain to another leader from a different Sabat, I am sure they would like nothing better than to prosecute another Sabat.
They should expect that Vampire to be punished, probably a fine, for breaking Court law.
Borghesia players should pester coven leaders who do not follow through with their complains.
Borghesia can theoretically in RP be owned by a single Vampire.
But they cannot escape their obligation to be rented as food.
Neither Can the owning Vampire Player complain should their Borghesia be called by the Court for rent.
Please try to see this as the tradition of the city and not as some rule you do not like.
You chose Borghesia to have some little control over your status as food
To stop the constant random attacks by just any Vampire in the street
This is a very small price to pay, and should throw up a wealth of RP situations.

Blood Gaunts
Blood Gaunts are state owned
they will gladly sell you thier blood
No need to attack them
In fact attacking them may get you in trouble with the prison Governor Baal
The meanest Norferati on the Block.
Don’t forget they are always on tap in the prison cells.