Archive for February, 2012

News from Baal and Kora

Monday, February 20th, 2012

As many of you will be aware we are working on something new. We had originally intended to re work Golgothica yet again, but to be honest we were not very happy after traffic dropped off and once again the sim was pretty much empty most of the time. This is not a good base from which to attempt to re structure a sim. And definitely it does not inspire confidence to invest a great deal of time, effort and money into something that has not work well twice before. We will therefore be opening a completely new sim. It will be an entirely new build and RP setup. We believe that the best way to describe it for now, until we release the opening notes in a week or so time, is “And now for something completely different”

SGS V 3.46 and more

Monday, February 20th, 2012

I need to release a series of upgrades this week.
You can wait until the last one, or you can upgrade it each time.
Smaller releases help me to identify potential problems quicker.
In v 3.46, I rearranged part of the code, and added a bunch of fun stuff, that is not visible yet.
Upgrades are always free and available at the entrance of each SIM.

Urban Animals in Venexia

Friday, February 17th, 2012

If you fancy to be an animal in Venexia, now we added the group ‘Urban Animal’.
Only small animals (cats, dogs, rats, etc).that are good fit for an urban setting.
They eat food.
They can be bitten.

Carpet Bazaar Owner: Voting starts now

Wednesday, February 15th, 2012

There are 8 applicants:

• Cloud Menna
  • Richard Braveheart
  • kaillea Silverweb
  • Bradflea Resident
  • Hali Glendale
  • andrea Alphaville
  • Odellin Frostbite
  • Xenophon Speculaas

Please vote for the player that you wish to take that role.
Voting scroll is in front of the Good Knight Inn.
Thanks!

Stables: Round 2

Uvaer Resident and Shu Fang are the 2 finalists for the role of owner of the Stables at KOS.
If you voted for either one of them, no need to do anything else. If you voted for someone else, or you haven’t voted , please vote.
ps: if you vote multiple times, only the last vote will be counted valid, so you can vote again if you change your mind or so.

Law Offices new owner: Francois Arai

Francois Arai was voted by the majority of Ireemians to be the new owner of the Law Offices.
Congratulations!

Clan Leaders Reminder

If you are a clan leader, you are responsible IC/OOC for the members of your clans, because you choose who is in it.
If you belong to a clan and you have issues IC/OOC with other players, take them to your clan leader, and they will deal with the respective clan leaders.
Clan leaders are like fathers, teachers, mentors.
If you don’t get help from your clan leaders, change clan leader, or form your own clan.

Additional Training Area: Isle of Mer

Tuesday, February 14th, 2012

I added a training post (a skull) to the Isle of Mer, where you can train, as an alternative of the arena.
Please be considerate if there are regular players around.
It is just a temporary setup for additional training area.

Clan Co-Leaders

Monday, February 13th, 2012

If you are a clan leader, you can now nominate a clan co-leader (second in command) by using the clan register.

Now the clan co-leaders can also invite players to join their group/ race by using the ‘magic sphere’ in each camp.
Please roleplay the change of group/race whenever possible.
THank you.

Chief Physician: Eve Forgraine

Eve received the majority of votes and she is now the new Chief Physician.
Congratulations and good luck!

Judge added to Trial

Now a Judge can also signup at the trial. It must be a Coven Leader, and it will be the first one to signup as Judge.
Judge doesn’t decide the sentence.
He will helps the trial to go smoothly and help the jurors in their duty.
I am not able to test on my own, so when you have a chance to actually run a trial, please let me know if it works 🙂
If you signup as Judge, you will not be excluded from being Juror.

Owner of Blue Parrot: Stela Finesmith

Sunday, February 12th, 2012

Stela was voted by the majority of Ireemians to be the next owner of the Blue Parrot Tavern.
Congratulations to the new owner!
🙂

Law Offices: 2nd Round

Top 2 finalists to go to the 2nd round are:
Francois Arai and Caraya Beeswing
If you voted for either one of them, no need to vote again.
If you voted for a different candidates or you haven’t voted, please vote again.

Street Meats Food Stall: Shaka Brandris

Shaka is now the owner of the STreet Meats Stall
Congrats!

Vote for the Baker!

Saturday, February 11th, 2012

There are 16 applicants for the Baker role:
Infernoash Rage
Spyke Paine
SeaWater McMahon
Tera Turbo
Haruka Tsuyoi
Caraya Beeswing
Renickor Dartmouth
Kikikrissy Kirax
kaillea Silverweb
Chriz Dexler
Shu Fang
Francois Arai
SynthWeaver Cyannis
JaZieE Resident
Stella Theseus
Misti Darkmatter
Please vote for one of the candidates!
Scrolls are in front of the Good Knights Inn.

Blue Parrot: Voting Round 2

Friday, February 10th, 2012

The top 2 candidates in Round #1 were:
Stela Finesmith and Darklord Trapdoor

If you voted for either one of them, no need to vote again. If you didn’t vote, or you voted for another candidate, please vote again.
Thank you!

Arena Owner: Urso Kronsage

Friday, February 10th, 2012

Urso was nominated by the majority of Ireemians and elected the new Arena Owner.
Congratulations!

See anybody breaking rules? Report them

Thursday, February 9th, 2012

Maybe we are not being clear about it, so I am sending this reminder. If you see someone breaking SIM rules, please report them by using the HUD -> HELP -> SUggestion
Both Baal and I read about it.
And yes, you can RP Ban people you wish not to interact with, even if they are not breaking rules, and you don’t have to provide reasons for it. But if you see someone not respecting rules, report them.

Combat Items update

Items of type “combat”, “fire”, “psychic” and “wind” should be restricted to use during combat, therefore the script will check if the target stamina is below 90 before its use.

RP Bans: you should read this.

.. if you are RP banned (either it was your choice or their choice), you cannot interact IC or OOC with that person anymore. No swearing. No talking to the or behind their back. Absolutely no offensive language. If you start to collect many RP Bans you should also look yourself at the mirror and try to figure out how you can improve your attitude in the game, maybe?
Read here too:
http://community.socionex.com/sim-rules/admins/rp-bans-faqs/