Archive for June, 2011

SGS v 2.03 Upgrade

Sunday, June 12th, 2011

This is a minor release and it fixes:
– leash particle after a ownership transfer has been made
– error message when attempting paying another player when there isn’t enough funds for a bank transfer.
Upgrades are available for free at the game room at the entrance of KOS and Golgothica.
Upgrade is not mandatory,.

Golgothica Imps

Saturday, June 11th, 2011

Many players will be coming up to Imp conjuration age today so this note is to tell wytchs that they too can now conjour imps from the alter in the Wytch camp. Have fun

Important Imp instructions and Notes

What is an Imp?

Imps are fun idea we had to replace the idea of hunting dogs which were too laggy.
They are supposed to be used as a capture weapon to hunt prey.
They are NOT supposed to be used to grief other Predators and we will not be happy to hear if they are used this way, unless of course there is some kind of agreement between players.

How do I get myself one of these little pests ?

In Both castles in the temples and in the Wytch camp you will find a plinth with a skull upon it right click to sit upon this, after a few moments an imp will appear.
He will follow you for 20 minutes if he is not used and then return to hell.
To use him click upon him and you will get a menu of people in range, just click a name and he will attack them and if they do not kill him they will be your captive.
As I say please do not use them to grief other players.
These are fun items for capture.
Good hunting.

Archangel Azrael is back!

Friday, June 10th, 2011

Archangel Azrael is back in the Catacombs! ๐Ÿ™‚

He will allow access to Undead only.

Mystic of Ireem: Keezie Serpente

Friday, June 10th, 2011

And here is finally the result of the election, and Keezie Serpente won the position as Mystic of Ireem and will run the Mystic store at KoS.
Congratulations.

Free Food Update

Thursday, June 9th, 2011

Free Gourmet Food is now reserved to villagers. And free human remains for animals is available in the cave next to the Druid Hut

Flintlocks and dummies

Thursday, June 9th, 2011

The flintlocks have been upgraded to 2.0. You can now get a free upgrade from the vendor.
Also the combat dummies have been upgraded.

Gothic Whip v 2.01

Thursday, June 9th, 2011

Fixed an alpha texture bug for the Gothic Whip.
Please get the free upgrade of the whip by touching the vendor in the Game Room.
Thank you!

Safezones and Preys

Tuesday, June 7th, 2011

It seems that Predators now become ‘Prey’ when their meters switch to ‘Safezone’ ๐Ÿ™‚
While I figure out how to fix it, I disabled safezones for now.

Hospital Beds at KOS

Monday, June 6th, 2011

The Hospital Beds have been simplified a bit. Now if your physical rate is <= 0.5 (none) and your stamina above 50% you can free heal at the bed. It will give you 20 points of health in 1 minute of physical checkup. Then you can simply eat and drink and have sex or use drugs to restore in full. Up to you ๐Ÿ™‚

Weapons & Healing

Monday, June 6th, 2011

1) Great Sword Dark has been upgraded and available at the game room
2) Free healing beds at the Lodge and the Inn have been upgraded too (4/4mins)

War Hammer MK2 ready!

Monday, June 6th, 2011

Yesterday I forgot to copy the objects on the server. ;-P
If you have this weapon, you may now get the upgrade.
All fixed!

Great Sword Slaine Clean v 2.01

Monday, June 6th, 2011

If you have the Great Sword Slaine Clean , you might want to do the upgrade to v 2.01. There was a problem with permissions, but now it is fixed.
Cheers.

Guardian Job

Sunday, June 5th, 2011

Update: If you are interested in being a Guardian – for any supernatural race – the employment book is now in the Guard Tower located between the castles.
The Guardian job is a combat skill training job. You will also get ‘weapon’ items to use. Read more here:
http://community.socionex.com/sgs/hud/hud-inventory/item-types/

New Prey Option for Predators

Sunday, June 5th, 2011

Due to many requests for a supernatural Prey option, it is now possible for Vampire, Demon, Werewolves and Wytchs to chose between Predator or Prey.

Clarification of Wytch role in Golgothica

Sunday, June 5th, 2011

Clarification of Wytch role in Golgothica.

Just a reminder from the game notes for those choosing the โ€œWytchโ€ role here.
Notice that funny old spelling ?
Well thatโ€™s to indicate that, as it says in the game notes, they are bad ass Black Wytchs, or something along those lines, and not village protectors or community spirited earth mothers or anything nice and newage at all.
They are Predators, preying on the villagers just like the other Predator groups here.
So to Clarify
Vampire, Demon, Werewolf and Wytch are all on the same page as far as outlook on life goes here in Golgothica.
They are all signed up to an unwritten agreement to not tread to heavily upon the toes of the other races with whom they share this land.
It is of course fine to have feuds and combat between individuals, but there is no overall, Vampires versus Lycans, versus Wytchs thing going down.
I guess some will say โ€ Well where is dynamic between races then if we all love each otherโ€
As I said again in the intro notes, this place is really not about a battle between good and Evil, its about what evil does to good when it has full licence to do so.

SGS v 2.01 – quick bugfix

Sunday, June 5th, 2011

There was a small problem for new setup of the HUD. I did a quick fix when we opened Golgothica, but then I released a stable fix this evening. If you have already setup your character in Golgothica, you don’t need this upgrade.

Golgothica is OPEN!

Saturday, June 4th, 2011

As announced, Golgothica is now open. There are notecards at the entrance, and please upgrade your HUD, meter and weapons in the game room.
Welcome to Golgothica.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Golgothica/66/20/604

So where the hell is Golgothica

Thursday, June 2nd, 2011

So where the hell is Golgothica!
We had a simple decision.
Do we open with things still to do.
Or
Do we open with all done and dusted.
We thought about opening without the game for a day so people have a chance to look around and think about what they will make of the place.
But in the end, it seemed better to wait, so for once, all is finished.
We pause for a commercial from our sponsors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbxxkwBQk_o&feature=related
We will be open 10am to 11am Saturday morning SL time

Baal

Golgothica – a bit delayed

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011

As you might have noticed, the opening of Golgothica has been a bit delayed. Baal is ready, while I have a few things left. So please be a little bit more patient. I get an IM every 5 minutes asking when the sim opens ๐Ÿ™‚ . I only have 10 fingers :). Right now we think it will happen tonight or tomorrow morning, but not much longer.
Please click this link to join Golgothica group: secondlife:///app/group/1362345e-3ef4-4ced-f21f-3bf147c3da6e/about

Kora