Archive for November, 2011

SGS HUD v 3.04

Thursday, November 10th, 2011

This is mostly related to several bugfixes, including:

– preys and non-combatant were unable to use any form of weapon or tool (e.g. treasure hammer);

– if you chose prey/predator from Setup, you were unable sometimes to change it later on.

This update is optional for now, but if you have any problems using weapons, please get it at the game room. Upgrades are free.

Sex and The City (Venexia)

Sex and the City.

Some Vampires like to play up the sexual sensual side of their nature and others don’t. That’s entirely up to the individual player. This is an adult sim so we are not restricted in that field.
However, this is to be seen as a relatively normal City, so some kind of social rules would dictate that it is not considered the done thing to carry out sexual acts in full view of everyone else on the street. There are plenty of Back alleys if you do not have a place of your own, or you can even check out the Bordello. This place is full of potential darkly lit unpopulated cosy corners. So please don’t loose all your credibility and cool reputation by jumping your prey in the main Piazza.

Rental RP Businesses (Venexia)

Role Play Business Rents

The following role play businesses are now coming up for rent
The fairest way to do this is to hold elections where the candidates have a period to canvas for votes, then there is a period of Voting.
If we manage to get the News Paper up and running in the next few days candidates can post a statement about their plans for the business to attract votes.

Please note there are specific race requirements.
Doctor:  Human
Pharmacist: Vampire
Butcher: Human
Baker: Human
Fishmonger: Human
Manager Green Dragon: Borghasia
Manager Slaughtered Lamb: Paesani

Each Position has a sub manager which is chosen after the main Manager is elected

There will be more positions later on
Please note: none of the home bases of the Sabats are for rent.
This of course would make no sense.
Why are there so few Vampire rents?
Because vampires should be running their Guilds and recruiting humans to work for them.
Vampires are aristocracy and do not get their hands dirty.
Also in just over a week Vampires will be enabled to study Arcana.
Which will work in a similar way to employment.

The Process

If you are interested in a position and of the correct race/ group
Click on the Scroll outside the business.
Then Click Sign UP
After a week or so we will start the voting
This will work in the same way
God to the scroll and click Vote.

Venetian Fangs Upgrade 1.01

There was a small bug, so I released an upgrade.If you were a vampire and enabled SGS, it wasn’t giving you the blood…. *aehm*… I thought I fixed it, but clearly I didn’t.
Sorry about that. Free upgrades are available at the sign at the entrance. Click on it and get a new copy of the box 🙂

How to know everything about the game

Wednesday, November 9th, 2011

I get asked many times a day questions that are all noted up. They are in notes because they are complex. This will get even harder the longer people are here. Everyone needs to be pretty certain where they stand in society and what their rights are. Certain people can be attacked and some cannot. Humans especially should make sure they read all the notes on humans. There is a fairly complex set of rules about Vampires and their rights in and out of a coven. Something not even touched on yet is the justice system. Like in RL you cannot just attack anyone at any time without consequences. If you are not in a coven then you are an outlander and and should tread very carfully, this city does not belong to you. If you are in a Coven then ask your leader what its all about, if they don’t know ask them why not. I am happy to answer difficult questions that fall between the rules. But I am not a walking rule book to be consulted because people are too lazy to read stuff for themselves. Unfortunately to make this place interesting it has to have a bunch of written rules and notes its up to you to read them or take it easy. If someone attacks you ask them if they are sure of what they are doing, chances are they don’t have clue.
Please read the notes, as many as you can to begin with, and all of them in time. I assume the game gets better when you understand your place and feel like the place has substance and is not a random jumble of ideas. You may read the rules and not even like the game!
If you read the notes you will know as much as me. Then you can start asking those questions that are my problem, and I am sure there are many discrepancies that need sorting out before we get too far down the line. Its great to see the place alive and everyone seems to be making a great effort to look the part. Next step is everyone knowing what they are supposed to be doing. If you are fairly swatted up on the notes and you hear someone else talking rubbish let them know. Be careful of asking advice from just anyone. Your if you don’t understand something find one of thos coven leaders and give them a hard time. But make sure you have READ THE RULES or they will just tell you to go do that.
Thanks everyone for playing here, its been great to see the place come alive, see you around J
Baal

SGS HUD v 3.03

This is just a maintenance upgrade. I needed to upgraded the weapons in the package…..

SGS HUD v 3.02

I just released a quick version to temporary suspend checking on speed/jump enhancer. Since there were some false positives, I will investigate further before enabling it again.
Update is optional.

If you wish to change group/race…

Tuesday, November 8th, 2011

…contact a clan leader of the group/race you wish to join. Upon providing valid reasons about your change of heart, and your wish to change group, they may allow you to change the group. To change group/race, clan leaders should use a special magic ball in the HQs.
If a clan leader is not available at all, contact a SIM admin.
Thank you.

Palace and Knights had no changes. Their group is restricted, so you still have to be invited to join.

Venexia is now open

Tuesday, November 8th, 2011

Our New SGS Vampire role play Sim Called Venexia is now open.
The sim is a gothic interpretation of Venice Italy built with Vampires in mind.
We have a Unique Vampire Clan based Storyline, offering many new types of character possibilities
As usual with SGS sims there is plenty to explore and do.
This opening also coincides with the release of SGS game system version 3, which contains many new features including a graded Magic system with visual effects.
We hope you have time to come and take a look and maybe join the many Covens already formed.

Here is the surl:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Venexia/40/246/609

Magic HUDs

Friday, November 4th, 2011

If you own a Magic HUD from any SL builder, please remove it BEFORE coming here. Those HUD throw several LAGGY prims that stick around your body even if you simply wear the HUD, and not use it. The lag that they cause is AWFUL.
Sorry.
ps: on the bright side, the new SGS v 3.0 is going to have magic spells etc. low-lag, and no prims, since it is all embedded in the system.

The Slaves Head Inn available for rent

If you are interested in running the Inn, please signup at the book outside the store.
Candidates must be either slavers or unaffiliated citizens (not affiliated with an enemy clan for example).
ALTs cannot apply. Serious Interest in RP only.
One event a month to run.

Bashing and Posting Conversation Log

Please do not use any intel information to bash other groups.
And do not post Conversation Log unless you get explicit approval from the partecipants.
Doing so is AGAINST The Community Standards and the TOS, and we will advise people to report this to LL.
More info:
http://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php

Server Performance

Thursday, November 3rd, 2011

I had a chat with LL customer service and they pretty much didn’t know anything. I submitted a ticket with tech support, so hopefully they will come and check the server. I was hoping that the latest server releases were fixing the lag spikes we have had since early October, but we still have them. So hopefully we get help.