Weapons & Tools
Weapons & Tools are mostly classified based on the type of damage.
In general, you cannot use any weapons or tools in these cases:
- you are in rezzing mode
- you are in OOC mode
- your stamina is zero
- you are a captured prey (unless it is a tool)
- They can be either Melee or Range weapons.
- Non-combatant may not use them.
- Preys may not use them.
- They have different settings and damage depending on weapon type.
- These weapons are low damage only.
- Prey may use them
- Non-combatants may not use them
- They work in Safezone
- They work on captured preys and prisoners (unless they are ‘frozen’ or ‘unconscious’).
- Non-combatants may use them
- Preys cannot use them
- They allow capture of preys
- They also do damage the prey a little bit
- They don’t capture and don’t damage the non-preys
They have a specific purpose. For example:
- flyswats killing mosquitoes
- hammers to break jars
- crowbars to open boxes
HOW TO DRAW A WEAPON
You can type in local chat (gestures):
or touch the sheathed weapon
or touch the drawn weapon
HOW TO USE A MELEE WEAPON
To use the melee weapon, draw the weapon with the command “/22on” (see above) so you see it in your hand, then click on the ground and hold down the left mouse button.
While the mouse button is held down, press a cursor key or WASD on your keyboard.
Left or A = Swing or roll left.
Right or D = Swing or roll right
Up or W = Hack or Roll Forward.
Down or S = Flip backwards or Strike.
PageDown or C = Blocking stance.
PageUp = Back flip in the air.
NOTE ABOUT RANGE WEAPONS
Range weapons are meant to be used long range, so if you stand next to your target, it is possible that you shoot without any successful hit. In that case, simply move a little farther away.
WHY HAVING CAPTURE WEAPONS?
Sometimes we are asked why preys cannot be captured with regular weapons, and the answer is that, based on their feedback, they don’t like to be captured with huge deadly swords. They prefer light-weight weapons. So here is why we have ‘capture’ weapons. We also give everybody a capture weapon, a ‘capture cane’ together with the game kit. Other capture weapons are available on sale in the game rooms.
Last modified: February 14, 2012