Please DO NOT TELL THEM that they are cheating – because it is unlikely to be.
If you are not sure about the game mechanics or you find that something is unfair or not working properly, please report it to Kora Zenovka (me), so I can tell you if it is a wanted feature or an accidental bug, and I will fix it.
Archive for the ‘Nomos’ Category
Please DO NOT TELL THEM that they are cheating – because it is unlikely to be.
We have for a month, I guess even longer now, been watching Nomos.
In that time it has been almost completely empty, apart from the occasional visitor.
As we say repeatedly in our notes, a sim cannot exist if it does not at least support itself in paying its monthly tier, or demonstrating clearly that it has a purpose to exist beyond being a pretty picture.
Nomos does not do that by a long way.
So after some very serious consideration, we have decided to put it into storage for a while, very much in the same way as we had to do with Golgothica.
We realise many players have put a lot of time and effort into making the place work in the past year or so.
To these people we are, as always, extremely grateful.
But, as always, there will be those who think we close sims in a casual, care less kind of manner.
To such people I would ask them to spend the best part of a year pouring endless creativity, hard work and real money into a project, then close it, and see how they feel.
Only then can they know how we feel.
For ourselves, we have been very happy with the way Nomos turned out on a creative level, as for its success in SL, well as they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.
But have no fear fantasy lovers.
A new and slightly twisted phoenix shall arise from the ashes of the dead city very soon .
We shall of course keep those who are interested updated on what comes next.
We will close the sim to players and Visitors on Sunday 19th of June.
NOTE: If you are renting either an apartment or a shop on Sunday, you will receive a refund by Uncle Ansome for the remaining rental.
SUMMARY OF CHANGES MADE IN SGS v 2.0 (simplified version)
Regular players will find quite a few major changes to the SGS game system in this new version.
The majority of these changes have been made based on the feedback we have received over the past year. In general they are to do with improving the system through simplification.
- Weapons are of 4 types: regular, low-damage, capture or tools.
- Added precision %, so weapons may cause up to 1.0 point +/- of the stated damage (randomly)
- Read more here: http://community.socionex.com/sgs/weapons-tools/
- Preys can now use low-damage weapons in defense.
- Collar and leash are built-in. Predators may leash preys without authorization, while the permission will be asked for non-preys
- The level of difficulty will translate in number of hits (visible on the prey meter)
- If multiple predators go after the same prey, the counter will not be reset
- Bumping as a method of capture has been removed. Capture weapons will be used instead.
- Some groups/races can be defaulted by us to be ‘Prey’ or ‘Predator’ and you cannot change that. Check on the webpages to see which ones.
- Age increments after 30 minutes in the sim. Read more here: http://community.socionex.com/sgs/meter/age/
- “Inventory” has been added. Find out more: http://community.socionex.com/sgs/hud/hud-inventory/
- “Setup” allows you to switch between all species/races
- You can see the amount of money you have in both cash and bank in your HUD
- You can minimize the HUD by clicking on the top-left button.
- We will assign a default combat mode to each group, but you can easily change it from the ‘Setup’
- No more items to pick up when you signup for employment
- All items are now ‘virtual’ and stored in the SGS database.
- To find out what items you got, click on “Inventory” on the HUD or browse your web profile
- Items can be either sold with the gesture “/sell”, or used with the gesture “/use”.
- Based on your level of skill, you will get 1, 2, or 3 items for each time you signup.
- Added ‘blood’ skill items as well.
- Max 20 items in inventory. Expiration is 2-3 days for all of them.
- Find out more: http://community.socionex.com/sgs/hud/hud-inventory/
- And about individual items: http://community.socionex.com/sgs/hud/hud-inventory/item-types/
- Added stamina and removed mental % and ethos %
- Stamina will automatically increase when your avatar rests. Running, jumping, swinging a weapon etc will decrease your stamina during fight/capture.
- If stamina is zero, then your avatar will freeze and stop for a few seconds. When you stop, then the stamina goes up again, and you will start to recover.
- Max stamina is assigned to each group (prey groups may have less stamina than predator groups. Find out on the website).
- You won’t be able to eat or heal when your stamina is below a certain level (to avoid quick healing during combat/capture).
- Find out more: http://community.socionex.com/sgs/meter/stamina/
RANK (was SOCIAL LEVEL)
- The rank has now a maximum of 20 levels
- 17 levels may be acquired with the age (1 for each 30 days of game play),
- Other levels will be acquired with skills, leadership, backstory, etc
- Read More here: http://community.socionex.com/sgs/meter/rank/
- The meter is really a collar now. There are different version of collars, but at the moment we released a gothic version, one for Females, one for Males.
- No more cylinder shaped meter (that was still causing some confusion).
- Attachment point is the SPINE, so please ‘Add’ this from your SL inventory, instead of ‘Wear’ this
- Leash is built-in in the collar. To use it, click on VICTIM on the HUD, then click on ‘LEASH’
You can now vote for the next Head of Metropol. The candidates are: Kal Villota, Loki Alphaville, Belinda Lefavre, Caleb Baguier, Raiden Netizen, Julianne Lemondrop.
Any citizen of Nomos may vote. Minimum 7 game day old.
Please release your campaign/statement to the press (“The Street Life”). And you can use sign/posters as well or notecard. Voters may change their vote. The next vote will overwrite the previous vote.
To vote, enter the Metropol and click on the voting laptop at the reception. Vote cost 20G$
We will run democratic election to nominate a new Head of Metropol. If you are interested in the position, please sign up as candidate in the Election Register located at the Metropol reception area.
Candidates are expected to submit a statement or equivalent to the local press to promote their IC campaign.
Candidacy are open until the end of the week.
If you don’t wish to pay for your crimes, DO NOT COMMIT crime. If you do commit crime, you automatically accept and agree to be eventually arrested for it and asked to go to trial and pay for all your dues and spend time in jail. Again, as real life, sooner or later you will get caught. If this is not for you, go and get a pottery job or something less risky and dangerous. Thank you for understanding.
The new major release of the meter will come out in 10-14 days. Not sure about the exact date yet. There are A LOT of improvements and additions.
Once the new meter is released, all the weapons will also be upgraded, and so most of the game scripts in the sim. It will be a busy day.
The only thing I won’t be able to upgrade are the items you currently store in your inventory. So please use them or lose them. Thanks!
Nomos is currently rated ‘Mature’. We are compliant to the SL rating policy, but it means that some extreme sexual or violent themes are to be contained a bit. With ‘Adult’ ratings, there are no restrictions, but maybe some players won’t be able to play unless they are verified as ‘Adult’. How would you like Nomos to be rated?
To vote, use the computer at the entrance, next to the ‘Street Life’ board.
If you are interested in bows, we have just released the Compound 3000 series of longbows. They are available in the game room, at the Wolfkopf store in Nomos.
Weapon Type: BOW
Just an heads up. We are getting ready to release the new version of the SGS this week. This is a MAJOR release. In the last year, we have had time to see pros and cons about specific functionalities, so we are making huge improvements. I am not sure exactly what day this is going to happen yet, but the day of the release, things may probably be a little bit “bumpy”. If you have many items in inventory, please use them. Some of them may have changed in the meantime, and won’t work the same.
If you run a club in Nomos, you can use the Music Controller to switch music stream. All code has been updated with more non-commercial music streams and also the ability to add a custom URL (when you run live events with a DJ). Also the co-owner can switch music stream. Just remember, now Nomos shares the same music stream in the SIM, so please return to a regular music stream after an event. Thank you.
The odds of winning at slot machines and card games in KOS and Nomos have been adjusted based on some players’ feedback. It should be more balanced now.
Let me know.
ps: Because we don’t use any valuable currency, playing the odds in our SIMs is still compliant with the SL TOS, and it is not considered gambling.
Since Nomos needs constant monitoring over the prim limit, we need to simplify the parceling. Keeping track of all the small parcels around the sim is quite difficult. So I will go ahead and join the parcels. The clubs will share the music streams, so it means that you can switch the music streams for an event, but please switch back to the default music streams after the event.
Nomos2 has moved today. So whoever has still an active rental in Nomos2 will be reimbursed. If you wish to continue to rent an apartment in Nomos, there are now several different accommodation types in Nomos (the main SIM).
Uncle Ansome will take care of the reimbursement.
Small change. The randomness of combat dice should apply to the damage inflicted too, so I made the damage value as random number.
Small change, but it has already been released, if you wish to try it out.
The updates are all free and available at the Game Room at the entrance of the SIMs.
We opened up the remaining vacant businesses to first come first serve. If you are interested in running any of them for roleplay, please go and rent them yourself 🙂
If you have a problem , IM me….
We just released a new upgrade.
You are now able to set yourself as Non-Combatant (yes, it is back). However, if you cause a conflict or enter a dispute, you will be asked to use combat dice (built-in in the HUD).
The loser will lose 6 health points each time they roll a dice.
It will work only between version 0.91, so please upgrade.
Some more guidelines will follow.
Also the combat dice will work for slaves/preys/owned/safezone and all other cases when regular weapons wouldn’t work.
Guidelines to use Combat Dice:
The rise and fall of physical health in the meter is one of the main driving factors for having to use all the other game elements like food and drink drugs etc which lead on to the correct functioning of all the other parts of the game.
So we devised what we shall call combat dice.
We ask that all Players who wish to use RP combat instead of meter based weapon combat use these dice so that their chosen form of combat conforms to the SGS system.
We realise that many RP purists will still not see this as a solution, but we ask that they give it a try in the interests of our efforts to try to harmonise a mechanical system with a purely text based system.
Jack: “Draws his knife and tries to deliver a fatal blow to the chest of his attacker before she is ready”
Jack: Throws dice: score 4
Jill: throws dice: score 5
Jill: “Quickly dodges this lame attempt at a quick attack by leaping to her right, Takes out her Machete and brings it up in a sweeping motion towards the outstretched arm of the attacker”
Jill: throws dice, score 3
Jack: throws dice, score 1
Jack looses 6 Physical points from his meter.
Jack “ Feels the blade of the machete slice into his forearm opening a large cut that begins to splash blood onto the pavement”
This continues until one player looses all their physical points same as in straight meter combat.
Of course all role play combatants would have to agree to this Dice combat system before even entering the game.
Subject: Nomos2 is closing for financial reasons. A new SIM will be built.
We just want to inform you that we will be closing Nomos 2 within the next week.
PLEASE NOTE: We have NO plans whatsoever to close Nomos 1, the City.
Nomos2 has always struggled to make its tier cost, and in the past couple of months things have slowed up so much so that we feel we need to take action in order to stop both sims from having to close.
Nomos 2 has always been the residential side of Nomos and never played a huge part in game play. Mostly it has stood empty apart from the few residents renting there.
So we hope that its closure will not effect play in the main sim too much.
Any game areas such as the biker club and Bedlam we will try to fit into the main sim so we do not loose them.
We will not be selling or disposing of Nomos 2, we will be re cycling it, turning it into something completely different which we will once again open up to the community for rent and play.
We will of course keep you informed as to what form this new sim will take and when it will be opening. Hopefully this will be within a month.
All currant residents of Nomos 2 will have the choice of either moving to some residences we have created in Nomos 1, or a re fund on any rent they have outstanding.
We hope everyone understands that, as always, it is financial considerations which force us to move and change sims around.
However, as much as we dislike closing sims, we do as always look forward to new experiences in other areas of interest. So we are excited to see what happens next, what new fantasy will arise from the ashes of the old. All things come and go, the only constant in the Universe is change
Baal and Kora
Creating games is a process, and a lot of things are learned by trial and error. In a year and half of SGS and 80 versions and improvements, we are ready to move to the next major release. If you want to give your feedback over things you would like to change or improve, then we are having a meeting at the Metrotek Offices at Nomos this coming Saturday at 1pm. The meeting is for both KOS and Nomos, since they share the same game system. It is strictly about the game/scripting. Thank you.
What was changed?
1) You can now learn more than 3 skills (although the max number of social stars is still 3)
2) if you switch from one skill to another one, you won’t lose the previous training
3) check your profile on the web to see the status of your skills
The update is complete. You can now signup for work again.