Archive for September, 2011

Venexia Update

Friday, September 30th, 2011

Update on our New Sim Venexia
We will be opening very shortly, hopefully within 2, but possibly 3 weeks  no more.
A unique new setting based on Venice, lots of new weapons, gondolas to move around the canals in and flying machines for the air.
Also a new system of meter based RP abilities and 8 elemental magic skills with effects.
The Venexia Forums are open, and some aproved Covens being formed
http://forum.socionex.com/forum/index.p
Here is a short note outlining the basic ideas.

Venexia is gothic interpretation of Venice, a specific time period is not given. It is no earlier than middle ages, the times of the great plagues, and no later than pre industrial Victoria,
The excuse for this wide range of time is that Vampires do not keep time, or at least their time keeping is on a far larger scale than human. Venice in reality was always renowned for its great family conflicts. Each family running a part of the city and in direct competition with all the other families. Venexia is no different to this, except the families are Vampire Families called Sabats.
The canals cut the city into small islands and these islands become the “turf “ of certain of the vampire Sabats. Some of the more well know city landmarks become homes for the Sabats.
There is no open war, because this is a society. But this Vampire society is based on dominance of strength, intelligence  and numbers to rule. Conflict between Covens and Sabats is encouraged as this is the best way to establish the pecking order of Society. Politics of course enter in here, but weakness cannot be allowed to rule unless it is intelligent enough to surround itself with strength. So the game is based on social interaction between vampire gangs. There is one outcast Sabat called Vodeni. This Sabat is a kind of self hating evangelical group that seeks ultimately to destroy vampire society, and itself along with it. This Sabat should satisfy those who wish to be Vampire hunters, and hopefully will stop the sim turning into a good guy versus bad guy, simplistic  bash, that might occur if a Human vampire hunter element was introduced. This is certainly a full on Role Play sim where Combat is expected to part of that role play and not an end on its own or a reason for playing.
This is also a reason why we want to keep the whole Vampire Lycan conflict out of the sim. This is about social conflict within a set society of Vampire families, not a war of Vampires versus the rest. Humans of course play a big part in this as they are now a rare commodity, almost a protected species, that are bread and carefully selected for their blood. But they are not strong enough to take over the city or even wish to do so, in any world changing way.
Obviously there are similarities here to other Vampire games. In fact it was originally proposed to use an already existing system. But in the end we feel that it is always better for us, and those playing, to start something new, give people a chance to be creative rather than box them into an already well worn and some might say over used tradition.
So if you  feel like giving something new a go then you will find most of the groups resemble quite well those with which you are familiar.
This is just a brief intro and much more information will be available closer to the opening date.

Palace Guard Employment

Tuesday, September 27th, 2011

The Palace Guards have now their own employment register for Fighters and Palace Prosecutors, if they wish to sign up to either one of them.
Register is located at their HQs.
Palace Prosecutors mostly work on cases where the Palace is  involved, but technically is the same Prosecutor skill.

Prosecutor Skill

Tuesday, September 27th, 2011

The prosecutor has now the power of Jury Selection. Or better, when he signup for a jury, it will be presented with a choice of 6 jurors. He must pick one to discard from the list.

Unfortunately at the time being, there were not prosecutors available for testing, so I am not so sure it is working 🙂

About Guards – update

Monday, September 26th, 2011

Bedu, Magi, and Slavers also got their guard.
All SIM guards works only with stamina 100%. That is to avoid people running into it during a fight.
However if a friend is in the camp and will open the door for you, it is okay. That is because we cannot stop people from doing it and also if you do teamwork, then good for you, I guess 🙂

The guard will keep the access open for 10 seconds, and anybody can enter in that timeframe.

Script Count Warnings.

Sunday, September 25th, 2011

If you get a message that your script count is too high or they are using too much memory, please spend a few minutes to figure out what it comes from and detach the ‘laggy’ attachment. If you cannot figure that out and need some help, IM me and I wll try to help you out.
But please do not ignore the warning. In other SIMs, laggy people get automatically banned for sometime. And it is not something that I wish to do it at all.
Again, need help? IM me. THank you.

SGS v 2.22 Release

Sunday, September 25th, 2011

This is just one bugfix, but it was important to release it sooner rather than later. If you were in ‘Unconscious’ state and you detached the HUD, the timer wouldn’t reset, and you wouldn’t be able to restore health 🙁

I have no idea in what version I added this bug (!), so upgrading seems a good idea.

Free upgrades are available in the game room at the entrance of the SIM.

KOS Referendum: Group Leadership

Saturday, September 24th, 2011

So far, not many people have voted, but the early votes seem to express this:
– Slavers and Bedu wish to have an election
– Djinn want to keep the status quo.
– Knights didn’t vote at all (not even 1)
– The rest of groups didn’t get enough votes for me to give any forecast.
If you wish to vote, the voting book is at the entrance, in the game room.

Alchemist: IceGypsies Ghost

And the majority of the Ireem Citizens voted IceGypsies to run the  Alchemist shop.
Thank you all for participating!
Best wishes!

New Trial System – Good to go!

Now you can have prosecutors to sign up at your trial. And you can have witnesses. If you wish to speak at the trial in favor or against the defendant, you should signup as witness.
Please feel free to use it and report to me if you get any problem.
Best 🙂
Kora

“Hey You” – Prior of an attack?

Friday, September 23rd, 2011

I don’t know who it was, but I have been told that someone is attacking people by saying ‘Hey You!’ as RP warning before attacking. I just wanted to remind you that *THAT* is not enough.
There needs to be some form of build-up to the attack either in role play or some OOC agreement.
Unless both players are in warrior mode.

HUD & Meter v 2.21 Release

Friday, September 23rd, 2011

Updated:

– added special effects for the disease infection (if you are infected, you might try to infect someone else)

– Bugfix #1: Owned preys or Prisoners should not be captured by using any weapon on them

– Bugfix #2: Dice damage value has been fixed

This is an intermediate release mostly because several people asked me about the bug #1. However there is another release coming out by tomorrow. It is up to you if you wish to wait or not 🙂

Upgrades are free and available at the game room. Click on the sign ‘Upgrades’ to receive a latest copy of the SGS HUD/Meter.

Cash Till – 4 version in a week?

Thursday, September 22nd, 2011

In case you havent noticed I have changed the cash till script 4 times in the last week.  I am trying to tweak something in the code.
One of the business owners was asking why the ban lists don’t work anymore. Every time I upgrade the code, the ban list get wiped out, so maybe wait for another week before adding it again .

Who is going to be the next Alchemist? (Round 2)

Sunday, September 18th, 2011

The votes were distributed a bit evenly, but 3 of the candidates got most of the votes: Mor Blackthorne, Petertron Nieuport, IceGypsies Ghost (in no particular order).
If you voted for any of them, and you wish to keep to vote for them, no need to do anything further. If you changed your mind or you haven’t voted yet, please VOTE NOW.
The book is outside the Alchemist store.
This is Round 2.

Treasury at Ireem

Sunday, September 11th, 2011

Just an heads up. We are adding the Treasury at Ireem. Treasury pays for your salaries, but in return it also ask you to pay taxes on your revenue. Income taxes are conveniently pre-calculated for you. All you have to do is to go and pay to avoid late fees. If the Treasury doesn’t have any money, it will not be able to pay for anybody salaries. It will also take money from gambling and other transactions, but you won’t have to worry yet. At the moment the Treasury is able to pay for your salaries. More…

SGS HUD & Meter v 2.20

Saturday, September 10th, 2011

In this release:

– The inventory items now last 7 days instead of 3.

– new Gesture /delete will allow you to delete surplus items from your inventory, if you don’t want to use them. Max Items in inventory: 20-22

– Fixed Bug: when a predator knocks down his captive, she now falls on the floor and wait 2 minutes to regain consciousness.

– Fixed Bug: The list of the RP bans when you wear your HUD is now fixed.

– Other Minor fixes and tweakes

The upgrade is not mandatory, but it is recommended. Free upgrades are always available in the game room at the entrance of the SIM.

Chapel Owner

Kwan Karu dropped out from the race, so Grizel Halberstadt took the ownership of the Chapel.
Best of luck!

Bounty Upgrades

There are some upgrades related to the Bounty Board:
–  bounties who were not redeemed for 2 months will be deleted.
– only one bounty on the same person at a time is allowed.
– money will be taken from your bank account, so make sure that you have enough money in your bank account before submitting a new bounty.

More info: http://community.socionex.com/sgs/bounty-hunting/

Chapel Owner, anybody else?

Friday, September 9th, 2011

There are currently 2 candidates to take over the Chapel:
Grizel Halberstadt and Kwan Karu.
If you are interested, please hurry up. This is the last call.
You must be a priest. No Alts. One event every 2 months. Serious interest in RP.
This weekend we will start the voting…

Who is going to be the next Alchemist?

Friday, September 9th, 2011

There are 11 candidates for the position: Mor Blackthorne, RobotMinx Resident, LilTrick Wirefly, Petertron Nieuport, Irish Breen, Shana Semple, Genessis Resident, Gaines Rhapsody, Stella Theseus, IceGypsies Ghost, and Darian Warcliffe.
It is up to YOU! Vote at the Alchemist store. There is a voting book outside. VOTE VOTE VOTE!
Candidates please contact the Chronicles if you wish to print your ‘campaign’.
We will run 2 round of election. First round will run for 1 week.

There were initially 14 candidates, but 3 candidates were removed from the list because they don’t qualify, and they belong to the wrong group.

Golgothica Referendum – Result

Thursday, September 8th, 2011

Based on the vote count, 18 players were against adding crime system to Golgothica, and 35 players were in favor.
Therefore, we will set things up, and make the changes to the scripts so we will run a crime system that is a good fit for Golgothica. More info to come.