Archive for October, 2011

Jakob Despres is the new Owner of the Fatted Calf!

Monday, October 31st, 2011

The Ireem citizens voted Jakob Despres to be the new owner of the Fatted Calf!

Best of luck!

Bero Kingmaker is the new Bedouin Leader

The Bedouins have elected Bero Kingmaker to be the new Bedouin Leader.
Congratulations!
The group now reopens for enrollment of new members.

Am Demina is the new Slaver Leader

The Slavers/Pirates have elected Am Demina to be the new Slaver Leader.
Congratulations!

Avimia Aviatik is new Magi Leader

The Magi have elected Avimia Aviatik to be the new Magi Leader.
Congratulations!

More notes on how not to Dress in KOS

Wednesday, October 26th, 2011

Please read the following note if you have noticed other player giving you strange looks, laughing behind their hand, or avoiding you on the streets. Or if you simply want to know how not to be a sore thumb in silks:

Please note we do not allow Angels in the Sim, we also do not allow Jesus,  any saints or in fact any of the heavenly host, sorry God ( He has been trying to get his Avatar excepted here for ages).
If you cannot figure out for yourselves why, then you obviously are not at all up to speed on where Ireem is situated in its FANTASY world. You must also have missed the section in the rules about this sim having no connection with any religion. (Ah and BTW, Fantasy does not translate to, Anything goes)
It has been suggested that as there are Demons in the sim, why not angels. Well there may well be demons of a kind, but what you have to understand, horror of horrors, is that Demons have been around in all cultures aeons before modern religions showed up and commandeered them and build up an army of full bright winged avangers to give them a kicking.
So I say again, there are no Angels in KOS, also no Xenomorphs no Superman, no Kangaroos, no Captain Scarlet (unfortunately, because that also means no Destiny, Harmony, Melody, Rhapsody and Symphony Angels 🙁 and definitely no Mysterons.
The observant will note that I have omitted from the above list the billion or so other creatures that are also not mentioned in the KOS Back story, but I hope we all understand that absence does not indicate acceptance. Please lets not be silly here.
We are fully aware there are many people playing creatures that are not really supposed to be here, but we simply do not have time to keep chasing around after everyone who looks out of place or is Rping some off the wall idea like a fighter pilot who flew into the Bermuda triangle in during WW2 and ended up in Ireem as the Sutanas chief harem Eunuch, just because they are bored with the standard options.
Nor do we really want to have to fall out with people who insist on bending the rules so they can wear their latest avatar look to impress their friends.
SO, please do not be lazy or wilfully blind in your character creation, other players do notice you looking like a sesame street extra and we get many complaints about the way it kills the atmosphere.
So fix it please and don’t call down the wrath of the gods.
And if in the end you do then  you have been warned.

Baal

Lag Update

Tuesday, October 25th, 2011

I hope I am not speaking too soon, but the lag we have experienced in KOS in the last 2 weeks is now gone, since the last server upgrade (this morning).
LL never admitted that the lag spikes we had in the regions were a grid problem (beside the ‘timewarp’ bug, which was supposely fixed with the kernel upgrade), but whatever it was they took care of it in this release.
Now let’s hope that the lag demon stays away 🙂

Slaver Leader Election – Update

Tuesday, October 25th, 2011

Shaka Brandis withdrew his candidacy for OOC reasons.
So the candidates to run in the second round of voting will be Nento Rae and Am Demina.
If you voted for either one of them, there is no need to do anything. If you voted for someone else, please make your choice NOW. The voting board is at the slaver camp.
THank you

The Fatted Calf – Owner Selection – Round 2

Monday, October 24th, 2011

153 players voted to select their favorite candidates.
The two top candidates were: Kikikrissy Kirax and Jakob Despres. If you have voted for either one of them, no need to do anything further. If you have voted for a different candidate or you haven’t voted yet, please do so it now.
Thank you

Slaver Leader Election – 2nd round

Sunday, October 23rd, 2011

The top 2 finalists are : Shaka Brandris and Nento Rae.
If you voted for either one of them, no need to do anything else. If you voted for one of the other candidates, or you didn’t vote, please vote it again.
The sign is at the Slaver/Pirate Camp.

Magi Leader Election – Update

The top 2 finanlists are Avimia Aviatik and Petertron Nieuport.
If you voted for either one of them, no need to submit another vote. If you haven’t voted or you voted for someone else, please vote it again. Voting sign is outside the Magi Tower.

Bedouin Leader Election – Update

bero Kingmaker and Ehson Miles were the two top finalists. If you voted for either of them, no need to submit another vote. If you are a bedouin and have voted for someone else OR you haven’t voted yet, please vote it now.
The voting sign is at the Bedu Camp.

Group Leadership and such

Saturday, October 22nd, 2011

Let me clarify possible residual misunderstanding.
a) We are not going to remove any race/group.
b) If a group/race has NO UNIQUE elected leader, the clan leaders will have to work together to run the group as committee, if possible, or they can work separately if no agreement is reached.
c) I, Kora, never give the group leadership to anybody directly. That is why we have elections every 6 months.

Dark Knight – Leader?

Saturday, October 22nd, 2011

Since it seems there is a bit of confusion, I just want to remind you that dark knights voted to keep the status quo in the referendum we had in September. They decided NOT to have a group leader. So there won’t be any election.
The group will have to be organized in clans.
The next referendum is in 5-6 months, again to decide if groups want a unique group leader or not.
In the meantime no unique leader.

The Fatted Calf Election

Friday, October 21st, 2011

By the end of Sunday, we will pick the top 2 candidates, then we will run a second round of voting.
I just noticed that 5 candidates almost have the same amount of votes. So if you haven’t voted yet, please do it now, so it will be easier to pick the top 2.
The voting book is just outside the Tavern.
Anybody can vote. (Votes from ALTs will be discarded).

Script Count & Lag

The situation is still not optimal. Linden Labs claimed that the kernel upgrade is complete on the whole grid and the ‘timewarp’ bug was fixed. Many SIM owners (including us) still complain that the performance is much worst, but so far, we get no acknowldge from LL. In the meantime, I need you all to keep the script count below 100. You can get the Free Lag HUD at the entrance to help monitoring your scripts. But today I also added a script check when you signup for employment. Cheers.

Dolphin Baths: Sodapop Lorefield

The majority of Ireem citizens voted Sodapop Lorefield to be the next owner of the Dolphin Baths.
Congratulations!!!

Blue Lagoon Cafe Owner: Stella Theseus

Stella Theseus has been voted by a large majority to be the owner of the Blue Lagoon Cafe`.
Congratulations!!!

Lag again…

Monday, October 17th, 2011

There is something wrong with SL grid. Yes, again. I tried to have patience. I think that it has to do with this bug: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6689
Linden Lab is supposely doing OS upgrade on the grid to hopefully fix it. I just talked with Customer Service and they have NO CLUE.  So I am asking you NOT to wear more than 100 scripts. I don’t want to be the bad guy. But I find myself no choice but to release a HUD upgrade that will work only if you have less than 100 scripts. Sorry!

The Fatted Calf Owner: YOU VOTE!

12 prospective owners for running The Fatted Calf: Gaara Lorefield, Kikikrissy Kirax, Ehson Miles, Raine Moyet, Shana Semple, Cathereine Night, Urso Kronsage, Jakob Despres, SoulHyuga Resident, Renickor Dartmouth, Xealan Streeter, Jigoku Magic
Please choose the player you wish to have that role by voting at the book just outside the tavern.

Dolphin Bath Owner – Result 1st round

Zena Southpaw and Sodapop Lorefield are the two finalists to become the Dolphin Bath Owner. If you voted for either one of them, no need to do anything else. If you haven’t voted or voted for someone else, please vote again.
The voting book is at the Baths.